Wednesday, December 14, 2005

@$#%(&^*!

The place where I have my prints made (very Mapplethorpe-ian, long story) has suddenly refused to make prints for me any more because they feel the content of my work is "inappropriate". It's not like my work is suddenly illegal--I have model release forms and I can prove they're all over 18. All of my prints, including pictures of blowjobs and girls in the throws of an orgasm, were made there. I would be happy to go down there and show them their lovely handiwork. And, need be, I'd be happy to show them the framed prints, too. They have sharp corners. And glass. Nothing can go wrong when an irate artist has access to sharp metal and glass shards, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Assclown said...

Depending on the developer, they may employ workers under the age of 18. In addition, the output of many developing machines are viewable to the general public, so if the negatives aren't previewed anyone walking by will see the prints.
They should have stated this policy before, but it's hardly unreasonable.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Try Chrome- I would very surprised if they wouldn't do it.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Kriston said...

If this print shop is not an independently owned operation, you should express your displeasure to the suits higher up the ladder.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous J.T. Kirkland said...

So let me get this straight, a private business has refused to print images of erotic images (BJs, sex, etc)... what is the world coming to?

It's shady that all of a sudden there's a problem with it but ultimately it's their call if they want to print your images, right? Or do they have a legal obligation to print all images that come into their shop?

I can see where they're coming from. Hopefully you can find another place that doesn't have any objections to the content of your work. But I wouldn't be mad at them.

Good luck!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Joemode said...

Do you want a solution or, just a sholder to cry on ?
If they feel uncomfortable seeing your work that's OK, get someone else.
There's all sorts of thoughts going through their heads.
When I'm at work I'm already thinking about getting my dick sucked anyway.
I've seen you work, I'd print some for myself to keep.
Joe

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Screw them... take your business elsewhere, and when you are famous, mention how they blew you off...

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home