Sunday, August 14, 2005

Mark Jenkins

I'll post this twice so both my artsy friends and non-artsy friends can understand:

Mark Jenkins, whose art shows more ingenuity and humor than I have seen in a loooooong time (all that art history dulls your senses), is going to have a show of his Storker Project at the Fraser Gallery in Bethesda on Friday, August 19. I can't go because I'll still be in SF, but you should go and have a blast. I hear he's trying to do some crazy things.

Translation for my non-art art:
The guy who makes those great tape babies you see around the city, and those tape figures you saw when you went to "Seven" (and who also happens to be making my website), is having a show at that gallery owned by the funky dude with the mustache. I can't go, but go and tell me what it's like. Let me live vicariously through you. Please.



On a related note, what this also means is that Mark can't work on my site until after the 19th, so check samanthawolov.com about a week after that to see if it changed. Not that I expected him to work on it before. His show comes first. I hope it goes really, really well for him. He deserves it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home