Monday, August 15, 2005

Nerve Mag

I love Nerve. A lot. And while I like a lot of what they write, I looooove the art. They have photo galleries of hundreds of semi-famous artists that are all somewhat erotic. I credit Nerve with introducing me to a lot of my favorite artists (and influences, photographers like Ondrea Barbe, Tony Ward, Terry Richardson, Sylvie Blum, and Petter Hegre. Basically, I want to be a Nerve photographer. It's really only one of the only places where my work can really be appreciated.

So you can imagine my response when I found out Nerve was having a contest for new photographers aside from their monthly themed competitions. Email them up to ten photos, your info, your bio, and your statement for free. Five finalists will be chosen and have their images featured on the site. Two will be awarded $500 and a gallery in their photo library. Not bad given that you can submit up to 10 pictures and it's all free.

So I submitted last night. Jacob and I have been trying to figure out which 10, but we did it (although I made a last minute change with one). Nerve said they wanted stunning photos, but with elements of humor, sexiness, and exhibitionism. I submitted these 10:












You can argue that I have better pictures, aesthetically, but I thought these were the most appropriate for Nerve. In any case, it's too late for me to change my entry, so no use crying over spilled milk. So cross your fingers for me.

For those of you whose curiousities I have now piqued, Nerve can be found at nerve.com. They have some photo galleries available for free, but the really fun ones, i.e. the dirtier ones, can be found in their Premium galleries, and you have to pay $7 a month to get access. You get to see other things, but I think it's worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your pictures but there is one (specifically the first one, a penis) that has semen but is more like a disease or something, (it's like). Well, greets from Asuncion, Capital of my dear Paraguay. Do not forget to visit my blog too.

http://www.osval.com

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home