Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Work, Update








So, genius that I am, I forgot how to log into Blogger, hence the delay in posting. But I'm back, with lots of photos. I can't show everything, but I can show you a little taste of recent shoots.

As for the flipbook, I've been told by Box that if you email Heather at [vix at box-mag dot com], she can hook you up with a flipbook for about $6. Girl's gotta eat.

Also, I've made the executive decision to limit my TFCD work to very, very select circumstances. I'm a working woman now, and I'd like to think I'm established enough to merit actual money. Perhaps not. But I'm saving to get some really nice studio equipment for my new apartment, so look at this as contributing to the greater good.

Also also, I will be returning to DC sometime in July for sometime between 1-2 weeks, towards the middle/end of the month. It's mostly family stuff, but I'll be bringing my camera, so theoretically I can have a shoot. Just send me an email if you're interested.

Also also also, I LOVE taking portraits. I forgot how much fun it was. So, not only am I now working on a collection of erotica shots, I'm working on a collection of portraits of people where I offer at least one "traditional" portrait, then at least one ridiculous portrait. I've never been able to be all that serious anyway, so this is perfect. I'm hoping that when I move, I'll get the studio set up, and I'll be able to force everyone who visits to sit for a portrait. No exceptions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very unusual for you, totally different style from your previous photos! was this done in your new studio? was it done in the studio?
love portrait idea.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

done in a studio, yes, but not MY studio. i haven't set that up yet. and actually, the shot with the two women about to kiss and the picture with the ear biting weren't in a studio, that was just really good natural light.

i'm excited about the portraits, too. i'm probably not going to abandon the erotica, but it feel refreshing to not be so tied to one subject.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mark p.s.2 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home