Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Content Watch

I gave myself until my birthday (Sept. 4th) to get my portfolios in order in preparation to approach magazines and agencies. So, in a mad rush to get work done, I have planned/scheduled many shoots between now and then. This doesn't include the two product shoots I have planned, as modeling agencies don't care if you know how to make a scarf pretty.

8/20: Black and White Jewelry (Fashion Book, six looks)
8/21: "Attention to Detail" Makeup (Beauty Book, four looks)
8/22: Client shoot
8/24: Evening Wear (Fashion Book, six looks)

Planned, but not scheduled:
Motel (Fashion Book)
Scarves (Product)
Decadent Jewelry (Product)

Also, in my beauty book, I have two versions of the elk shot. Any advice as to which actually goes in my book?

4 Comments:

Blogger eclectic guy said...

Hi Samantha-

Discovered your site by accident and what a delight it is. A feast for the eyes.

I am just getting into photography. I would be honored if you would ever visit my site and give me a few pointers. I am a professional musician by trade, so you won't hurt my feelings if I suck. I am just learning.

http://occasionalblogging.blogspot.com/

all the best-

eclectic guy

11:33 PM  
Blogger Stephen Moore said...

My initial preference was for the first Elk shot, but the more I look at them the more I like the second one. The shadowing on the model provide better muscle lines and a far more interesting look; her hair also better mimics the elk's antlers. And she's sitting on the floor, rather than the box/stool that I've only just noticed in the first photo. It was well hidden (at least when viewed on a computer screen), but now that I see it it sticks right out and is somewhat distracting.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

stephen--i was leaning towards that one, too. my only concern is that since it's supposed to be a beauty look, it won't really fit in. i'll probably print it anyway. thanks!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Howard Leung said...

You have the same bday as my girlfriend. =) happy bday in advance. Wish you the best with all your endeavers.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home