Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shoot Planning, Etc.

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a very, very talented MUA through Model Mayhem (like Myspace or Facebook for people in the industry). She told me she loved my work, and was excited to hear I was coming to DC. As it happens, she and I are in the same boat: our interested lie towards the more avant-garde, we're talented, but we need more commercial work in order to be heard. She and I don't work pro bono anymore, but we're working TFP to collaborate together on some amazing-sounding shoots.

I'm also working on a few things here in SF before I fly home. Here are their brief summaries:

SF Shoots:
1. "Attention to Detail:" This is a beauty shoot, though it will only yield three photos (for a four-page spread). Three intricately-styled body parts will be highlighted in each of the three shots. I won't give away the rest, but these pictures could also appeal to interior design enthusiasts.

2. Commercial Fabric Shoot: Not only do I need a commercial fashion book, but I need it to show that not only can I shoot commercial fashion, but I can design an entire campaign. Rather than get into trouble with a specific brand or designer, I've decided to highlight a material, a fabric, and showcase it's universal appeal. Very simple, very clean. I'm shooting it the day before I leave for DC, but hopefully, the photos will be done before I leave. I'll be shooting digitally, but also probably with a Holga.

3. Movie-themed Shoot: I don't know much about this, but I've been approached by a talented model (with whom I've worked before), who was, in turn, approached by a stylist, to do a fashion shoot based on a very successful, very famous movie from the 70s. Totally my style, but I haven't heard much about it. I also need to watch the movie--all I know of it I've seen from photos. Still, fairly iconic.

4. Another crazy beauty shoot with a Mexican theme. Might turn it into a commercial fashion shoot, if I can. I haven't decided.


DC Shoots:
1. Commercial Jewelry: Monochromatic, high-contrast, outdoors, slightly avant-garde, will feature an AMAZING vintage Butler and Wilson necklace that was given to me, and a vintage pin I got at the SF Deco Fair last Christmas.

2. Probably something with that crazy sculpture of the man coming out of the ground.

3. Something involving a shower? I like water. :)

I will literally have nothing to do in DC other than feed cats and take pictures.

I'm also tempted to find an assistant for some of the location shoots. Normally, I would just have the MUA or stylist hold the reflector/diffuser, but someone will need to guard the equipment, and tourist location+expensive equipment-someone on watch=trouble. If anyone wanted to know what it was like to be on a fashion shoot, and you want to volunteer, let me know. It's always my habit of treating TFP workers to food. Email me: samantha at his dot com.

Also, before I forget:
DC Discombobulated: Feel free to ask me any questions you might have, in case you have something pressing. You don't need to bribe me with coffee, it's ok. :) Feel free to email me if you want more information about something: samantha at his dot com.

Lone Siren: Thanks! Welcome to the Blogosphere, or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. My blog title is a remnant of my days as an erotic photographer. I shoot fashion and beauty now, but nudity still seems be a factor in my work (not that nudity equates eroticism.) I'm glad you like my work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home