Friday, August 19, 2005

WCP Article

Oh. My. Goodness. Really, this is surreal. I'm giddy. I don't think I've had a whole article dedicated to me, even after the whole patent thing back in 4th grade. I've been a bit worried about it, even though I know there really wasn't any chance something bad would happen. I'm not ashamed of what I do, I didn't say anything stupid that could characterize me as vapid (although I did talk quickly and was a bit scatterbrained at times, so maybe the more erudite or insightful comments were lost), and Huan Hsu was really nice, and didn't have any reason to slander me, even though he had the power to. But having once been on that side of journalism, I know about slant, and I know how hard it is to put together a story from bits. And believe me, it's wasn't a walk in the park on my end, either. I can't even explain my own art that well, let alone try and explain it to a complete stranger, then give them carte blanche to piece it together and explain it to others. But Hsu was great. I had a blast, I think the article is neat, and I'm just a tad uncomfortably euphoric right now. Without getting into a "I want to thank the little people" moment, I really do want to thank Lenny, who, from what I understand, tipped the WCP off to me, or even maybe demanded they write an article (you never know with him). I want to thank Hsu for the article and a great first time experience (everyone's first should be great), and my boyfriend, who didn't get annoyed with the incessent "Oh my God, the article comes out in ___ days" and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I was a little nervous, yes.

The article is in the print edition of the Washington City Paper for August 19-August 25. If you go to washingtoncitypaper.com, then go to "Articles" or "Archive" or whatever it's called, then type in my last name (there aren't a lot of Wolovs around), the article should pop up.


I'm off to bed, assuming I can sleep. Whee.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Digital vs. Film said...

Dear Samantah,

Great interview and congratulations!

James

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home