Saturday, April 01, 2006

Silly me, being so young, I completely missed how special and poignant this was supposed to be.

http://cds.aas.duke.edu/books/25transitions.html

Oh I get it--because people under 25 are in that oh-so-difficult time of transition and being "in flux", we'd be experts in capturing that on film. Because it's also such a beautiful thing to convey in photography, what with the anxiety, the amigbuity, apathy, and/or the existential crises. Just gorgeous; so, so moving. Hey, I have a novel idea! Lets move away from trying to encourage the youngins' to hide behind their age, which, if I understand correctly, WILL CHANGE.

Fuck this. I'm gonna be 36 until the day I die.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay. well, but I AM 36 ;)

Not sure it beats the call for entries that I posted about for the Women's show ;)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

no no no, i LIKE 36. it's a good age. it wasn't arbitrary or supposed to be a put-down.

it's a good number too. six squared. i could have easily said 34, simply because of the fibonacci series.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home