Monday, May 29, 2006

New Work, The Sequel

These are my favorites from the shoot yesterday. I'll see if I can get them on the website sooner rather than later--I owe my webmistress cookies. I am absolutely in love with "Always Tip Housekeeping." The next time the housekeeper passed our window, she put her hand next to her face so she couldn't see in. Good times. But I really like all these shots. They were such a great couple!

(I'm not really sure why the grain is so pronounced. It was pretty mild when I fiddled with it before....)









6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your job. In this work the couple look so different in each picture that i've got the impression that you try to show us that every couple had a lot of stories to tell and can be seen in so many ways

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, very nice work. My favorite is the distant shot with the two beds. I think I connected with it since there is something so familiar about staying in a cheap motel with my girlfriend and there being no utility in the extra bed, but you're never really given a choice. There's just something very authentic from the vantage point of our economic state. It's sort of like a mark of your economic status (or your eternal thriftiness), that when on the road, you will always have sex next to at least one empty bed.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

thanks!

and actually, this was one of the most cost-effective shoots i've ever had.

i totally forgot about this: when we were taking a break from shooting, just camped out on the beds, we heard rapid bed squeaks from the room next door. slightly surreal...

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's absolutely wonderful work. (I'm new, following a link from a friend.) Erotic and awe-inspiring. I love that the camera catches such intimacy!

--Christina from Baltimore

10:24 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

thanks, christina! they look better on the website. hope you've seen them....

8:11 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

LOVE these :)

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home