Thursday, October 12, 2006

Perhaps there's hope for me yet

The Good:
- I have a shoot on Saturday to take two portraits for the Masturbation Project.
- Not photo-related at all, but I really like my new haircut. Short(er) and sassy. Half like me.
- The Canadian TV show is sending down a producer around "the end of October or early November". Good to know.

The Bad:
- It's quite possible that, despite my abilities/talents/experience, the SF region has unanimously agreed that I am unhirable. It's a shame, really. I like this city. It would be terribly inconvenient if I had to enact my world domination plan this soon.

The Ugly:
- I'm becoming obsessed with my job hunt to the point where I suspect I'm going batty.
- I think my photos are losing their edge, and they're just "pretty" now. I want to take a picture of someone getting fucked.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"... I want to take a picture of someone getting fucked. "
You mean "proper fucked"?
Can you elaborate on that?

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya girl - Congrats on the photo shoot Saturday. Hope you get some good pics.
Hang in there re. a job. One thing I found is people are more selective out here and it takes considerably longer to get something (vs. back east).
Take care - L

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proper fucked? I think that your work is going in good path, really!, is very interesting to see the different approach to the erotism under the woman concept. The proper fucked is your point of view, I think.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

i think i was just having an off day. quite a few of my more recent photos are pretty explicit, but still look polished and "arty". i think i miss using color. everything just seemed more "raw". i think i meant taking a picture of really animalistic, almost manic sex. like, nails-into-back
kind of sex. with faces.

but i've taken some hot shots recently that i'm really pleased with. "look at their hands" and "on top" are two favorites.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for your kind words. too bad can't do much about faces. totally understand about animalistic sex.
why don't you use color? sometimes it's good. you had some before and they look good.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the pics? can we see?

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home