Friday, October 13, 2006

Question: Portfolios

I've never really been happy with my print portfolio. I love my prints, but I've never figured out the best way to show them off to clients, gallery directors, etc. As of right now, I have the prints in sleeves in a zipper-bound notebook. Lightweight, portable, the prints are protected, but the plastic sleeves don't really show off the crispness of the images or the quality of the prints. I want to protect the prints themselves and guard them as best I can from smudges, stains, and scratches--in essence, I don't want them to look "tired". I also want to be able to present a good number at once (at least 20), and it needs to be portable; not too heavy, not too delicate. This seems to be a perennial question with me. So, any ideas?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Samantha.
Me ha encantado tu trabajo. Si vienes a España, en Valencia, mi novia y yo estaremos encantados de posar para ti.
un abrazo
Santiago
alcorisa@hotmail.com

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Samantha,
You may perhaps try with lamination pouch (you put your picture between two transparency plastic film and then use thermal coater), such equipment or service should be found in library, i think... I use such process to make communication plates that have to be well protected from public, dust, and so on... Sorry for my poor english, I'm French... and find your work particularly nice (I really like B&W pictures)

3:05 AM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

¡Gracias! ¡Tengo deseé siempre ir a España! No estoy seguro cómo pronto puedo visitar... cualquier ocasión que usted podría viajar a San Francisco?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

Sven--Thanks! You're English is quite good. I'll investigate that option.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jef said...

Hi Sam,

For some of my pictures I use Innova OPUS Digital Presentation Album Kit (can be found at inkjetmall.com). You might have a look

Pros :
- Nothing to alter picture
- High Quality Paper (not Hahnemühle but close)
- Can show up to 40 pictures (if used double-sided)
- Light weight
- Not too expensive

Cons :
- Small size (8x11)
- Some work needed on printer profile and settings to achieve best quality
- Light protection

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost Luggage
http://www.lost-luggage.com

Have a look at the Case Envy line.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops.
Forgot.
I'm Scott.
http://www.jimscottphoto.com

I like the orange case envy. I have one. ;)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home