Thursday, June 07, 2007

Update

1. Jane Magazine has me on file. They like me, they just don't know what to do with me. It's a start.

2. Suicide Girls wants to see a set from me, but I don't have a model yet. Or a theme. Or a location. Totally open to suggestions.

3. Got a sexy new ring flash yesterday. Definitely want to test it out.

4. So, The Boy and I got the keys to our new place in Berkeley, and I overestimated how big my studio space would be. Which means, unfortunately, I probably won't be able to build a studio in there, but I should still have decent space to shoot anyway.

5. I'll also be in DC for a few weeks in July, potentially longer. I'm probably brining my equipment. I'm open to shooting, depending on the project. I'm just feeling lazy. Email samantha at his dot com if you're interested.

6. Good Vibrations has a magazine. They feature artists. I will be their featured artist for wither July or August. They also have a store. Two stores, in fact. One shows art. They want to have a show. Still in the early stages.

7. Aries1952, that bastard from Rome who stole my work then pretended it was his, has been kicked off Flickr. I'm still not entirely satisfied, but it will have to do for now.

8. I'm playing around with doing a fashion series with sustainable fashion. I feel like it's been done, but it should still be fun. Didn't mean to rhyme just then, but it's so much fun, I might have to do it again. Bask in my genius!

9. Come to the Boob Thing! ArtSF, 110 Capp St. SF, June 16, 8-12 pm. Bring money.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you shoot for SG, you might want to do a little background research. They have a pretty vindictive noncompete agreement, which has seen them suing their previous photographers for shooting for other sites, etc. Try searching the modelmayhem.com forums for suicidegirls. Their rights grab is fairly offensive as well, given the small sums they're offering.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

you know, you're right. i remembered something like that for the models, but i had forgotten there was trouble for photographers too. i think i'll pass on this one. i'll just keep working on throwing proposals around.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GB has more then 2 stores. I know of at least 3, but check their website :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

i'm assuming GB was supposed to be GV, in which case, it would be at the polk store. i meant that they had two stores in SF proper, but it was perhaps improper to dismiss the other neighboring stores.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home