Monday, June 18, 2007

New Projects?

So, despite the fact that it has yet to prove itself as a worthwhile financial venture, I'm continuing with the photography and brainstorming a few new ideas. I think I'm working on one involving period portraits (time, not menstrual) with a feminist history slant, and I know I'm working on one involving theatrical makeup and dead animals. Neither pays, they're just for fun. They're also huge departures from the smut I'm known for, which may or may not be the point.

I haven't abandoned the erotica, but it hasn't been progressing they way I would have hoped. I'm still looking for models, especially because I'm still playing with the idea of publishing a book next year (HUGE maybe, given that it needs about 250 pages), and I'm still trying to get the photos up in a gallery somewhere. Basically, it comes down to dedicating my time to endeavors that actually pay me, which this does not. Yet. But I'm trying.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and I know I'm working on one involving theatrical makeup and dead animals"
what is that?

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, cmon, now that you've mentioned the menstrual portraits you have to do them!

love
Cajun Ralph

11:12 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

anon--i'll post samples when they come, hopefully before i come home. they should be pretty, but not erotic.

ralph--ew! unless they somehow involve tee-shirts that say "my name is mc menses and my flow be fresh", i think not. besides, how do you even make a menstrual portrait? and where could i find a woman who would actually want to be anywhere near a camera when they have their period?

are you still trapped in MN? any chance you'll meet me in DC?

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i actually was thinking of women in t-shirts saying something like "yep, i'm bleeding right now" although nothing beats mc menses for best menstrual t-shirt slogan.

anyway, i'm most likely moving back to DC in the fall - a decision which was actually brought on by visiting you in SF and realizing "dang, I need to live in a big city!" (not to mention do some kind of internship to prep for grad school.) so i might be in town in september to apartment hunt, and permanently in november! haven't told the boss or the landlord yet, so it's not totally public news, but that's the plan so far...
-CR

8:33 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

CR--oh my gosh, that's so exciting! do you know what kind of internship you'd go for? and do you know it'd in DC for certain? not in, let's say....san francisco? (since i quit the gallery, i've been much, MUCH more human, so please don't be afraid of visiting again.)

and i can't take credit for mc menses. it's a diesel sweeties thing.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home