Wednesday, January 31, 2007

San Francisco Sex Fans: Sending out Feelers

I have an idea, sort of.

One of my jobs at the gallery is to brainstorm lots of interesting ideas--ideas for shows, ideas for events, ideas for networking, all of it. My director knows about my photography and has agreed to let me coordinate an erotic art show in the gallery (using the art from our 200,000-piece inventory) IF I decide I can find enough art lovers/collectors who would be interested in attending. I'm still sending out feelers. My gallery represents some of the largest collections of Master's works, and I thought it would be cool to highlight some of Picasso's most erotic etchings, and/or Dali's Marquis de Sade and Casanova suites (which are friggin' AWESOME). If you live in San Francisco, or are willing to travel there, is this something you might be interested in? Are you involved in any swingers or SMBD groups who might be interested? I think it would be a cool show, but I want to make sure people would actually attend. Feel free to email me at samantha at his dot com if you have questions, connections, or opinions.

And no, I wouldn't have my art up. Sad but true. But I would be there, and rumor has it that I'm awesome. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll corroborate Sam's awesomeness. I'd be interested in the art show as long as admission wasn't too pricey. Maybe a discount for poor science grad students?

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kerjsi said...

You may want to try and contact Violet Blue. I've been an avid reader of her blog (actually how I found your site) and I'm pretty sure this sort of thing would be right up her alley.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Samantha Wolov said...

thanks, josh!

great minds...i emailed her last night. she's game.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your work. I'm an erotic artist from London; check out my webgallery--http://www.eroticartists.org/Gal1335_SAINTLY_CADAVERS.asp
Dtill growing.
Best,
Nora

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check in with the Kinky Salon folks.

www.kinkysalon.com

Also, Tribe still seems to be the popular meeting place for kinky folk.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, it's usually BDSM (vs. SMBD) being the combination of BD (bondage and discipline), Ds (dominance and submission), and SM (sadism and masochism or sado-masochism).

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home